Staff Favorites Box 1
Discover what we love to drink ourselves with this set of delicious bottles handpicked by our staff. In Box 1 we’ve got personal favourites of:
- Pia: ‘Bulles d’Argile’, beautifully chalky and slightly oxidative Cremant de Limoux by Jean-Louis Denois. High-altitude Pinot Noir & Chardonnay, natural fermentation without additions, second fermentation started with grape must, no added sulphites.
- Casper: Delicate and mineral Mosel Weisser Burgunder 2018 by Frau Eva Clusserath, so lightweight and pure you can almost breath it in.
- Rex: Dense and complex warm vintage Quincy 2015 by Guillaume Sorbe (Domaine Les Poete), rich and layered but crystal clear expression of Sauvignon Blanc.
- Justin: Ripe and textured Macon-Fuissé ‘Bois de la Croix’ 2016 by the singular Fabien Duparray (Domaine Jules Desjourneys). Mineral-driven white Burgundy in a reductive style, no oak but plenty of nutty depth.
- Janneke: Elegant and refreshing Bourgueil ‘La Dilettante’ 2018 by Catherine Breton, where the maceration carbonique treatment shows a friendly and delicious red fruit-forward expression of Cabernet Franc.
- Bart: Very old school Saint-Joseph ‘La Muzolaise’ 2016 by Pierre Dumazet, deep and peppery but not overly extracted and oaky.
Out of stock