In 1909, pioneer Michel Lapierre, born in a family of farmers, moves to Villié-Morgon with his wife Annette. He becomes “maître de chai” (cellar master) at Les Chênes. In 1950, their third son Camille is born. Until then, the Lapierre-wines continue to be bottled in Fleurie.
Camille decided to start to sell wines directly to bistrots in Lyon – a real visionary. He buys his first vineyards in 1960 and expands the Lapierre domain to 7ha. In 1973, Camille’s son Marcel starts to bottle his first wines. Inspired by Jules Chauvet, he uses no SO2 in the process. For more than three decades, Marcel and his wife Marie continue to work in a biodynamic fashion in Morgon, the Beaujolais village also considered as the birthplace of ‘natural wine’. Their wines are a must to try for Beaujolais-lovers!